You know that feeling you get, when you feel like you haven’t done anything significant. But in reality you actually got a lot of work done? That’s how I feel right now. I have been doing all these amazing things in the last month but somehow I have forgotten to acknowledge them or credit them.
So here I am, crediting myself for all the things that I did:
- Exercising (kind of, but its a start. I am much more concious.)
- Forgiving – to myself. I am much more easy on my self. More like, Its like going back and forth in my mind, “Miti you haven’t done anything today. YOU WASTED A WHOLE DAY! No actually, to be honest you did blah blah blah. Great job. I am proud of you. But you could’ve done so much more. It was enough, you tried your best. You go girl”
- Getting back to things I love doing the most – i.e. writing, sketching, thinking and massages (one of the biggest perks of coming back home is indulging yourself into all this)
- Actually keeping up with this blog. This is momentous for me.
- Exercising self approval
- Spending a lot of time with my parents and sister
- Eating somewhat healthy. I am currently eating a papaya.
- Finally reading the self help books that have been lying in my bookshelf.
- Planning and starting my bedroom redecoration (currently it looks like a 3 year old’s room), making it more Miti-esq.
- Slowly getting rid of toxic people in my life, finally thinking about what I really want. None of which is influenced in anyway by my parents or the society.
- STARTING LOVE IN LETTERS. THIS WAS LIKE A DREAM PROJECT.
- Planning three trips. One down, two to go!
So HURRAY for change. Obviously the journey is not easy and I struggle to keep up with this everyday. There is a constant fear of missing out, of wasting time doing inconsequential things. But I am getting where I want to be and finally learning how to be unapologetic.